Dust Collection for Dry Blasting
Dry blasting is most often used to remove contaminants and irregularities from a metal surface to create a specific finish, prepare it for paints or coatings or enhance its performance characteristics. Dust collectors are the most effect way to capture and collect the particles of abrasive media and contaminate that become airborne during the blasting process.
The loading conditions of the dust collector are different for each type of dry blasting – direct pressure, blast wheel or induction. Camfil APC dust collection experts will recommend the size and configuration that is best for each application including hood position, inlet type, and filter cartridges. Special accommodations are required if the blasted material is explosive, flammable, corrosive or toxic. Camfil experts ensure that dust collectors meet all OSHA requirements and NFPA standards.
Capture Dust from All Types of Blasting
- Wheel blasters
- Air blasters
- Cabinet blasters
- Blasting rooms
- Plastic media blasting
- Abrasive blasting
- Aluminum blasting
- Blasting with silica sand
GOLD SERIES X-Flo DUST COLLECTORS
The modular Gold Series X-Flo (GSX) dust collector was engineered to solve tough dust problems with a minimal footprint. It captures dangerous airborne metal dusts before they can be inhaled by operators or build up on shop surfaces. Camfil experts will work with you to understand your specific application requirements. Individual modules accommodate airflows up to 6,000 CFM each, providing a near-limitless variety of configurations that can be delivered in days instead of weeks. All GSX collectors feature heavy-duty carbon steel construction and thermal cured powder coatings for unparalleled strength and durability.
- Modular construction – easy to build and assemble in limitless sizes and configurations
- Tested to meet NFPA & ATEX standards
- Available with numerous explosion protection options
- Exceeds OSHA mandates for factory air quality
- Less pulsing of filter cartridges is necessary, so the filters last longer and require less changeouts
- Smaller footprints are possible because each unit handles more airflow
- Ships in as few pieces as possible for fast delivery
- Easy installation, operation and maintenance
- Built on 20 years of reliable field dust collection performance
- Gold Cone??X-Flo filter cartridge contains 375 square feet of media, offering the industry’s highest air-to-cloth ratio